Extended Guarantee Terms & Conditions
Vaillant Group UK Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘Vaillant’) Guarantee Terms and Conditions
Heatline is a trading name, brand and registered trademark of Vaillant Group UK Limited.
To receive the full benefits of the extended guarantee the following terms and conditions must be followed or your claim may be rejected:
- The Benchmark checklist must be completed by the installer at point of installation and retained on site by the owner/occupier for inspection during an engineer visit.
- The boiler guarantee must be registered within 30 days of installation and a unique valid Serial number for the boiler must be provided.
- The boiler must be serviced annually (at least 15 months after installation and at the latest within 15 months’ of its last service) by a registered Gas Safe Engineer in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Service details must be recorded in the Benchmark checklist which must be available for inspection.
- The cost of annual servicing is not included in the guarantee.
- Only boiler component failures are covered by the guarantee.
- Should an appliance be replaced in lieu of a repair then the guarantee period attributable to the new appliance will be either the remaining duration of the existing guarantee or the standard manufacturer’s guarantee of the new appliance; whichever the greater.
- If any failure is caused by contaminated water in the system, e.g. blockages, or influences of flux residues, iron oxides, limescale, sludge etc. the engineer visit becomes chargeable.
- The guarantee does not include cover for fair wear and tear, wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident and negligence by you or by any third party and failure by you to operate or use the products in accordance with the user instructions.
- The extended guarantee applies to the boiler only, it does not apply to other system components e.g. thermostats, time clocks, motorised valves etc.
- All installation, non-boiler or external system fault calls will be charged to the home owner/occupier and could also invalidate your guarantee. If a boiler is not accessible or an engineer cannot gain access to the property then our abortive charge will apply.
- For calls requested to boilers within the guarantee period a refundable deposit may be required; returned in full if the diagnosed fault is covered by the boiler guarantee.
- Vaillant reserves the right to change these terms & conditions at any time and its decision regarding guarantee claims is final.
- If the Terms and Conditions have not been complied with in full then Vaillant reserves the right to declare your guarantee as null and void
- In the circumstances where the guarantee is declared null and void, upon your request, Vaillant may offer to provide an extended guarantee product for repairs and annual services for an additional cost, which can be discussed if applicable.
- This guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to any product that is faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- The use of non-genuine Vaillant spare parts in any repair may invalidate the guarantee.
- In registering the guarantee please note that Vaillant will share your data with its business partners in order to assist with the administration of the guarantee. Your guarantee is provided to you by Vaillant Group UK Limited (Registered in England with Co. No 00294316) of Nottingham Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1JT; should your boiler develop a fault please contact your original installer or alternatively contact Vaillant on 0330 100 3462.
- Moving the boiler without Vaillant’s written consent may invalidate the guarantee.
- Self-maintenance tasks such as re-pressurising and resetting the boiler, bleeding excess system pressure and thawing frozen condensate pipes are not covered and in these instances, we would recommend contacting your installer for assistance.
- If not registered the proof of purchase or Benchmark checklist will be required.
Important Data Protection Information:
Vaillant Group UK Limited has appointed Domestic & General Services Limited to provide product registration services and protection plans to accompany its products.
You may request a copy of your data by writing to Freepost Plus RTKS-CLRA-GRYE, Data Protection Officer,
Domestic & General, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth CV12 8JP.
If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by mail or telephone write to us at the address above.